ANCIENT HERBAL & EDIBLE PLANTS OF EUROPE
The plants in this list were found in various archeological studies.
Unfortunately, I lost some of the list and references at the library. I'll start over soon.
Plant remains were found in or associated with human remains at various sites.
This list sheds some light on the diet of ancient Europeans after the last Ice Age.
Further research is needed to get a better idea of how they survived.
Their use of common weeds rather than agricultural crops
was an important part of their hunter gatherer survival strategy.
The use of non agricultural plants and herbs in our own diet
should also be an important part of our own survival strategy.
Ancient Herbal & Edible Plants Of Europe
- Corn Spurry, Spergula arvensis
- Meal Plant, Spergula arvensis var. sativa
- Willow Weed, Polygonum lapathifolium
- English Plantain, Plantago lanceolata
- Parsley Piert, Aphanus arvensis
- Dandelion, Taraxacum officinale
- Good King Henry, Chenopodium bonus-henricus
- Chicory, Chicorum intybus
- English Daisy, Bellis perennis
Any further info on this subject will be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Return To Ag Lists